Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am rescued!


Psalm 3:5

I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me.

Psalm 3 is so special to me and now it is even more special…

The day of my house fire this scripture was on the letter that God sent me. Today I read this Psalm with different eyes than that day, but it meant so much today.

You see I return tonight to my home church a little nervous about being back among the people that know me so well. The people that encouraged me to start this journey and taught me so much about myself and God and I want to share the things God is doing to the absolute best of my ability. I don't want to half share, I want to share with all my might and all my joy the things God is doing….

I know that God had the event fall on this reading today to remind me that He is a shield around me and that it is His Glory, and that He will be with me watching over me and it will be His words! God is so good. I know that God is going to do great things.

Today's whole reading about Absalom and his death, David's mourning and return was so powerful. David was mourning the loss of his son and yet he had to put that behind him and show the people it was okay. Wow, what a brave friend Joab was to David. Imagine it, put yourself in Joab's shoes…what a choice to make for the friend you loved and then you have to go and rebuke the king. You are the one that must remind him who loves him.

One of my favorite parts was the end of the reading today, when Mephibosheth came down to Jerusalem to meet the king. When he had to explain what happened with his servant Ziba. David then told him to divide the land equally and the reply from Mephilbosheth..give him all of it. I am content just to have you back safely back again, my lord the king!

So many powerful lessons and reminders today! Thank you Lord for reminding me this morning that you are my shield and that you will watch over me!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

No comments: