Friday, April 16, 2010

Hunted down, but praising God!


Psalm 57:

I look to you for protection.

I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by…

My heart is confident in you, O God;

My heart is confident.

No wonder I can sing our praises!

David is so honest, so obedient he just says it like it is and I love that!

Here David is on the run hiding in the cave from Saul and he is being hunted and yet he knows where he is protected and by whom and he sings his mighty praises to HIM and HIM Alone! I think about myself during difficult times and I am sad to admit that I'm not usually singing God's praises. Oh I am talking to Him and sharing, but one part that I might leave out is the praise that should be shared even in those difficult times. It hit me that God never leaves me during those times and that is when the praises should be heard the loudest! After, all how would we get through these times without HIM?

The last several days of reading about David have been so wonderful. I haven't written, I've been caught up in the reading and pondering of the Word. I love when David goes to fight Goliath. Here is a brave man and the only reason is because he knows that The Lord rescues him from lions and bears, so why not this Philistine! Don't you love it?

David is a hero and the ugly head of jealously begins to rear its head with Saul. It doesn't matter how much David loves and cares for Saul the damage is done. Human flaws are once again at work.

What a beautiful story beginning with the friendship of Jonathan and David. The love Michael had for David and the way her father ruined her life from jealously entering the picture. Saul begins to try and murder David. David escapes. David runs and all the while he is praising God. Look at Psalm 34…I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises…

Today and everyday let's sing HIS praises all the daylong!!!

Praising God,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie,I am hoping that I can remember David's example for us of praising God in the tough times for who He is. He is the God of the Universe. He is worthy of our praise. He is the One True Living God that cares for us. He sees us. He hears us. He is with us and His love is unfailing. Praising Him with you!