Friday, April 23, 2010

Listen


2 Samuel 5:24

When you hear a sound like marching feet in the tops of the poplar trees, be on the alert! That will be the signal that the LORD is moving ahead of you to strike down the Philistine army."

Wow, do we listen for our signals from the LORD?

God wanted to be sure that David remembered who was going to win this battle. He wanted David to have no doubts or to do the human thing and begin to puff up in his thinking about who won the battle…

What about us?

I sit here reflecting this morning thinking about David and then Debbie, David and then Debbie and here is what so far I've seen in Debbie while reflecting about David…

  1. Obedience – am I being obedient to God like David
  2. Listen – am I listening to God's desire for my life like David
  3. Pride – am I keeping my pride out of the picture like David

What about you?

Reflection is good for us. We need to look in the mirror and take a good look, so that we are reminded who is going ahead of us and winning the battles! We need to listen to the instructions that God is giving us and we definitely need to remember who is truly winning the battles!

Listening,

Debbie

No comments: