Friday, April 2, 2010

Who wins the battles?


Judges 7: 7

The LORD told Gideon, "With these 300 men I will rescue you and give you victory over the Midianites. Send all the others home.

Well the team of 33,000 was taken down to 300 before the fighting started. Imagine you have a fighting crew of 33,000 with those odds its looks great, things are falling into place for the team. Gideon had to feel pretty good until He got word send the ones afraid to fight home ~ well 22,000 left immediately.

Still the team had 10,000 good men ready to fight. When God says ~ still too many…Why? God told Gideon that the people would believe they won the war because of their own strength, so God wanted no doubt in anyone's mind about who would win this battle. Only He would win the battle.

How often have we let ourselves think you won a battle and all along God won the battle? It saddens me to think that because of our human egos that swell on a moment's notice that God must continually remind us who really wins these battles in our life. I'm guilty…I admit it…It saddens me, but things will be going along great and I'm thinking wow Deb you are doing some pretty good stuff and quickly I am reminded that it is not me. Absolutely it is God and that He is just letting me tag along on this journey He called me to walk!

Forgive me Father for the times that I forget to shout from the top of my lungs to the tips of my toes who it is that truly wins my battles! My Father in Heaven fights for me daily and He also wins the battles – it's not me…Thank you Father for loving me in spite of me and for fighting my battles.

Forgiven,

Debbie

No comments: