Thursday, September 22, 2011

Leftovers

Today reading from Malachi 1 when the words about the animals that were stolen, crippled or sick being offered to God as offerings and it struck me - am I giving God the things that aren't 100% the best including me? What am I offering God?

We should offer to God the very best even if it hurts us...We should never give God the leftovers of ourselves or our offering. How often is this exactly what we do?

Do we make sure that we have our to do list done?
Do we make sure that we purchase all our wants before we give to God?
Do we make sure our desires are met before we present our offering?

In my bible I wrote the words, Do we give God our leftovers? It pains my heart that some days that is probably exactly what I give God! It hit me hard when I knew in my heart that its true...

Oh I can put on a good show of all I am offering, and you might be able to do this to, but God knows! He knows just like he knew when He ask in Malachi these words - Should I accept from you such offerings as these?

Your amazing grace and love never cease to amaze me LORD! Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me indeed!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

I don't want to be guilty of giving The Living God leftovers. My heart is sad.