Sunday, November 27, 2011

Stumbling

I love it when God shows you that without a doubt He wants you to look at a certain thing, a certain topic, a certain choice, a certain scripture, so He reinforces it for you! It always sends the chills up and down my spine, when I realize that the Savior of the Universe sees little old Debbie. What about you? Does it send the chills up and down your spine? Have you forgot to look for these moments lately, because you are so caught up in everyday living? It's so easy to do, but don't miss out on these special moments.


Reading from Romans 11: 11 this morning this verse caught my attention and gave me such hope. Did God's people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! They were disobedient, so God made salvation available to the Gentiles. God made the way for our poor choices or another way to put it our stumbles! When we step on the banana peels along our path and we are truly sorry and ask forgiveness God provides the way through Christ and this always just humbles me beyond words. I mean really think about it for yourself. It wasn't something easy, no He sent His Son for you and me. I truly can't even wrap my little, small brain around that fact, but I know it is true! I believe it with all my heart and I thank God for His provision, because without it I would be forever lost in all my stumbles.

I went on reading and came to Romans 14:12 - 13 which stated, "Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall." Indeed, let's don't throw a banana peel along someone else's path to cause them to loose their footing! So easy for us to entice another to join in our poor choices after all we all like company even if it's when we are able to take our tumble on the banana peel. Instead, we need to remember that encouraging another to stumble will cause us to answer for it when the time comes before God. I don't know about you, but I have enough that I will be taken to account for, but thank God - He loves me and I believe His Word that He forgives me, because I believe that He sent Jesus!

So, if you take a stumble today remember that God provides the way to recover!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: