Wednesday, November 2, 2011

That's your problem

Have you ever had a situation and you wanted someone to understand, but it seemed no one cared? It wasn't their problem or situation - it was yours?

Well, Judas betrayed Christ. He realized it and went forward declaring he had sinned and that they were about to kill an innocent man. The response was your sin is your problem not ours. Judas realized what he had done. I don't think this ever captured me before today oh I knew he went forward and tried to change things, but the words caught my attention today. Judas admitted his wrong and tried to change things, but it was too late for the others. Judas was so grieved he hanged himself, but he admitted his sin before everyone. Do you think he was grieving being found out as a betrayer not what he actually did? I do and here are my thoughts as to why he was grieving and begging them to see thew wrong he had done.

Judas was being treated like an outcast. He was outcast from the disciples. He was now outcast from the people that purchased his betrayal. Judas made his own choice of betraying Christ and his remorse wasn't truly about receiving forgiveness from Christ or at least this is my thinking he wanted forgiveness of the group that allowed him to complete the betrayal or to appear to the disciples that he was sorry. If he were truly sorry, wouldn't he have spoken directly to Christ? Wouldn't he have hit his knees begging forgiveness? Instead, he runs out and hangs himself.

Our choices may cause us grief, but do we ask forgiveness truly because we want forgiveness or is it about something else entirely? Do we truly ask Christ to forgive our wrongs or is it about appearance?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

I pray that my heart would become more like Christ's and that I would be truly sorry for my sins.