Monday, October 31, 2011

Who guides your path?


I loved the picture today! It went so along the path that the Holy Spirit was leading me this morning.
Who is guiding you along the paths of life? Do we ask the Spirit for guidance on some things, but keep other things to our own judgment? Perhaps because we are afraid of the answer that we might get?

After having just returned from a trip filled with tour guides. Follow this way, no this way, go this way, don't do that, can you hear me, to just plain getting bored with the directions it hit me that indeed sometimes we go our own path just because we want to! Nothing more needs to be said we don't consult God's word, we don't ask in prayer we simply do what we want to do and maybe it's just me. I kinda of doubt it looking at the world around me. We aren't doing so well, so truthfully I don't think I'm alone in making my own way without the help of the one left to guide us.

I loved the reading this morning about Jesus sharing about the Advocate that was going to come in John 18 and also in John 16. The advocate is our comforter the one who plead's another's cause is the definition from the original word that was used. Now I don't know about you, but sometimes we need someone to plead our case! We also need a comforter that only wants us to pick the right path!

I have to share the verse that truly touched my spirit this morning was John 16:13 - When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. Isn't truth what we all need? I don't want anyone to guide me on the top of the mountain or on level ground that doesn't speak truth! Let's listen for the Advocate and follow this lead along the right path.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: