Monday, April 2, 2012

What is God up to?

I know God is doing something right now in my life and I'm not quite sure what it is yet.  Do you have those moments that it excites you, but yet you are afraid to find out at the same time?  Well, that is where I am right now.

Many of you know I read a book last year called Kisses from Katie and it really stirred my heart about this young lady from Tennessee that moved to Uganda and her whole world was never the same, but she truly knows God!  Now God leads me to another book and more of the same about how we need to allow God to take our life and we just say YES!  Well, I'm trying to do this, but I also admit to a certain amount of fear every time  He begins to do this with me.  I admit it!

How many of you realize that in America all of us that make more than $30,000 are richer than most of the people in the world?  How many of you realize that if we want something most of us figure out a way to eventually purchase whatever is on that list?  How many of us realize that our stuff is just more stuff?

Look around today and notice what do you really not need that is just laying around your house?  One of the things God truly has shown me is How important His Word truly is to our journey!  We probably all have more bibles just laying around on our coffee tables than some people have in a village.  Yes, we take God's Word so for granted.  Studying Nehemiah and the celebration that takes place in chapter 8 and 9 about hearing God's Word again and how it should be so special to hear His Word.  When was the last time you truly celebrated God's Word?  Some countries do not have this gift.  Some people must sneak to even get a glimpse of God's Word, some people die for looking into God's Word and yet we leave it laying on our coffee tables!

I'm not sure what God is doing right now with me, but I'm waiting and listening for direction.  It is definitely an adventure that never stops once you truly take His Hand and say okay!  I am also able to tell you that even though I experience a little fear with the unknown God holds my hand the entire time leading me wherever it is He is taking me and wow, it is the ride of a lifetime!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

How sad that we have easy access to the Word of the Living God in this country and we don't treasure it as we should. Lord, forgive us!