Friday, October 26, 2012

I lift my eyes...



Well, all of you that know me know that I am a true Southern girl, right?  Well, when it snows in the south we stay home for the day, right?  Well, this Southern girl drove through a Colorado pass last night in the dark with it snowing and yes dodging moose!  Exciting, yes!  Anxiety-ridden? YES!

Until this Psalm came across my mind with a reminder of who I look to for strength ~
Psalm 121
I lift my eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not 
slumber;
Indeed, he who watches over Israel 
will neither slumber or sleep.

The LORD watches over you-
the LORD is your shade at your right
hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm-
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming 
and going
both now and forevermore!

Actually once He placed this on my heart even though I was creeping along the drive; I didn't totally relax, because He also gives us a brain to think with and mine kept repeating what were you thinking Debbie?  Why didn't you get a motel room and drive over at least in the daylight?
Because indeed when I woke up this morning to the beauty of the hills truly mountains I was reminded of exactly where my help does come from and indeed it is the LORD.  He drove that car last night for this Southern girl and got me to the house which was nice and warm with excitement feeling my spirit ~ because He always welcomes me to this place in such a special, beautiful way!

Thank you LORD for the blessing of sharing this part of your amazing creations!

Sharing in the beauty,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Thankfully, everything worked out just fine! What a blessing to wake up and see the beauty of His creation!