Thursday, October 11, 2012

Move on!




I love it when God shows up in a fresh new way though His Word!  Last night He showed up in a Mighty Way through His Word and I have to share it with all of you ~ my friends!

We all know who Moses is right?  He is the man that God picked to lead the people out of Egypt.  Moses had much wisdom and yet he was so human just like us.  We think we know the right answers some times and so did Moses.  I want each of you to take your Bible and read the following scripture for yourself out loud.  Yes, out loud.  Exodus: 14 beginning in about verse 5 to picture the whole story of the people leaving Egypt, Pharaoh and his big guys change their mind, so they set out behind the people.  The people face the sea in front and the Egyptians in hot pursuit from behind when they scream out to Moses what now?  Moses replies don't be afraid, stand firm, and watch God fight for you!  

Are you like me and you quit reading at that point?  Don't and please read this for yourself out loud it makes a huge difference!

In verse, 15 listen to what God tells them:  Why are you crying out to me?  Tell the Israelites to move on.  Get moving in other words.  Don't stand still and wait for me to act.  Act and watch me work at the same time!  How often do we sit still when God is wanting action and faith in Him to work while we move?  I love this!!!!!  Share this with a friend that is perhaps standing still instead of taking action and moving on and having faith!

God is so awesome!  Be in AWE of Our Amazing Savior!!!!!  

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

I love that Moses was just like the rest of us in that he had a little trouble discerning what God wanted the Israelites to do at that point of the journey. I wonder how often The Lord is trying to tell me to get going?