Thursday, March 13, 2014

Flowers fall...but the word of our God stands forever...



I want to share that in a movie I absolutely love it when the man rushes in to the local flower market and picks up flowers for his lady on the way home.  The movie captures me at the moment because I love fresh flowers, I also think it is absolutely wonderful that a man would think to pick them up on the way home and well they are just gorgeous the man and the flowers!  I don't care what kind of flower it is, it brings life into the moment because of the action taken...

I love fresh flowers!  Do you hear me????  Kenny???? Oh, I think that might be the echo of the shout coming back at me....Seriously, I love flowers...but not as much as God's Word.  Not even in the same ballpark and I love flowers....

I am going to be honest and share with you that I think our world tries in so many ways to capture our attention that speaking for myself sometimes I just don't pick up God's Word and I fall apart!  I do!  I start to realize that I am not in a good place, everything is absolutely the pits, the world is darker and well I've lost my focus.  I'm not as close to God. because I didn't take the time.  I'm a woman that studies God's Word and this still will happen to me, so it must be happening to others as well.  Let's be real and honest...so we can allow God to transform us!  

I want to help change this for myself and for others.  I want to encourage everyone to pick up God's Word and read it!  In Isaiah 40:8, we are told these beautiful words

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.

First, these words bring me great comfort because God is forever and ever.  He is eternal and His words bring peace to my heart!  Pause for a moment and give thanks for HIS WORDS...His Words bring us truth, bring us relationship with Him and we realize HIS AMAZING LOVE through these words.  I realize some of you reading this right now, perhaps don't know if it is all true...let me tell you I believe it is.  It is a living, God-breathed gift to each of us.  I don't want to argue this point, but I want to ask a question...how do you pick and choose the parts that you want to believe are true?  

His Words matter.  His stories matter because it shows us WHO HE TRULY IS...

The way I finally settled this in my own spirit and heart were God is so much bigger than I could ever imagine ~   He made us. Look at your own body for a moment.  Ponder it! Ponder how it all works together and it works.  I believe it, so if He made me and you, then He could surely make everything in the Bible happen.  I trust Him.  I allow no doubt into my heart on the 
subject , because  doubt allows the devil that is peeking around every corner to ease on in...

I don't want to argue with any of you about whether you believe it or not.  I believe they are God's Words.  I want to encourage you to read it and ask yourself this question;  How do you choose to believe that He offers me eternal life, but not the other parts?  Just ponder it for yourself and talk to Him about it.

Also, I have to tell you I am a sinner.  I know this and I also know that God knows I am.  I'm not judging anybody or anyone because the only hope any of us have are Jesus.  I know this because of God's Words.  My sin is sin.  Your sin is sin.  God looks at it all the same  ~ it's sin.  Jesus covered it all with His blood and during this time of Lent it's my prayer we all focus on Jesus and His amazing love and forgiveness.

I give thanks and praise that God knows each of us so well...He knows us!  He made us and He wants to share every moment with us...Today, take a moment and pick up God's Word see what He might want to share with you today!  He reminded me this morning of His amazing love and wanted me to remind you too!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Love The Word of God! Worth pondering!