Thursday, September 24, 2015

In the neighborhood...

Does your neighborhood look anything like any of these?



Well, you know what is so cool?  It doesn't matter what your neighborhood looks like Jesus moved in!

Today, the reading was Mark 1:1, Luke 1: 1-38, Luke 3:23-38,  John 1: 1-18, Matthew 1: 1-17

Jesus comes into our world to save us!  A world that rejected him, but to all that believe He gives us the right to be children of God!  Wow!  Pause and take a deep breath repeating over and over (your name) I am a child of God!  (your name) I am a child of God until you claim it!

The reading today is beautiful.  

Read these words aloud to yourself...it's from the Message version and I absolutely love the visual...
The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood.
We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory,
like Father, like Son,
Generous inside and out,
true from start to finish.

He is here right now.  Right in your neighborhood, right in your home, right in your heart, so speak with Him!  Allow Him to rock your world right where you are...He will get you through whatever it is that is happening in your world, because He is there!

I read something very profound at least to me it was from a beautiful book written by Sharon Garlough Brown in her Sensible Shoes series.  "Just remembered something the Lord revealed to me years ago.  I was so anxious about knowing his will, so eager to be obedient.  Worried I wouldn't hear correctly.  Then it hit me.  I was putting all of my confidence in MY ability to hear God, instead of placing confidence in HIS desire to speak in a way I could understand.  It seemed like such a simple thing, but it was life-changing....Putting confidence in my ability to hear God places the burden of responsibility on me.  Putting confidence in his ability and desire to speak to me places the burden on him.  He knows me well enough to know what will catch my attention.  So help me rest in you, Lord."  Sharon wrote some very profound words here that are so very true!  He moved into our world and He handles everything, if we let Him!  He is here!  Reach out and take His Hand and allow Him to move right in and watch Him with all His glory handle it all!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

P. S.   Fabulous books Sensible Shoes and Two Steps Forward by Sharon Garlough Brown and I bought these books myself and absolutely love them!!!!  5 stars and more

No comments: