Monday, January 16, 2017

Go



In my study this morning on Abraham I am reminded it is all about obedience. Obedience is defined as submission to another's authority.  Well, right off the bat I feel shoulders tense, hair rise, eyes squint what?  Tension...

Imagine for a moment just what Abraham did.  Look at Hebrews 11:8 
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.  Okay, let's be real with each other how long does it take you to plan to go on an overnight much less forever. Yet, he believed.  He trusted. He submitted.  

How - look at the first two words.  By faith how do we do things? Do we follow these words or our own lists?  Do we change our own agendas or follow Gods or do we try to make God go along with our list fitting in where we desire?  (Like this even doable)


I admit I have made lists and I also admit I love being able to draw a line through the completed tasks...but I have learned it is much better to let go of my list and follow By faith...

Saying yes,
Debbie

No comments: