Thursday, September 28, 2017

A new adventure



I am always ready for an adventure!  I truly feel that right now I am suppose to travel and share God's beautiful creation with others.  He shows up and shows me new and exciting things at the same time opening my eyes to who He truly is...our life is truly about Him!  Did you see that?  Our life is about Him and where we are in relationship with Him, where we place Him in our life, and/or if we have Him in our life, and are we following His instructions with others.

God is taking me on the grandest adventure and I love it!  Is it always fun? Some of the time and quite honestly a little truth here it is tiring at times.  I get tired driving and searching, but at the same time all I can say is Wow what a trip!

I got back home on Friday last week to get ready for a ball game that night.  Saturday I was up to go to the cotton fields to take pictures and I wanted to stay in bed...Yet, I truly am not exaggerating when I say that I feel lead to go to discover and to listen.  God shows up, but do I?  Ask yourself the question.  Are you feeling God calling you to go?  Don't miss it.  Go and see what He is going to share with you.  Truly it is an adventure.

I want to show you some photos from a little town in New Mexico called Tucumcari.  It was an amazing little town.  We were riding along looking for something else to see when Linda Perkins read about this little town and discovered some art painted on various buildings throughout the town.  So we got off the interstate to explore.  Valine, Linda, and myself with cameras in hand ready to discover whatever we found and these are just a few of the wonderful sights.


We discovered that the old television show Rawhide was filmed here and that meant Clint Eastwood had been to Tucumcari!

Sometimes, it pays to get off the Interstates and follow the old routes.  I mean who hasn't heard of Route 66?  Well this is one of the old towns along this famous route.


Beautiful flowers were found near where Clint stayed!


The art of the walls was fabulous.  True talent just found along the old buildings in this little town or inside of old hotels.  Joy found exploring for the next one.
   We even found James Dean along the way.  Also, Elvis, but I liked this one of James Dean better.

Truly, it was an adventure!  Shared with friends while we laughed, while we missed turns, while we searched.  Don't miss out on fun and discovery.

All of this to share my new found joy of discovering the unexpected along the adventure.  Also, to encourage you whether it is a mile or two down the road or thousands of miles don't miss this journey.  Don't miss what God wants you to find!  He wants you to take His hand and discover joy along the way.

Remember in Genesis 12 when God called Abram?  He told Abram to leave everything he knew and to go.  These are the words found in Genesis 12 ~
"Go from your country, your people and your father's household to the land I will show you...."

Imagine it.  God told Abram to leave all that he knew, all that he understood, and all that he had and to go.  Talk about faith that each of us need to grasp and understand.  Abram was blessed beyond measure because he believed God and His promises.  Are we missing out on an adventure, because we just don't have enough faith?  Don't miss out!  Believe, take God's hand and go where He calls you.  It may be just a few steps or it may be around the world, but God provides always!

All of these photos are photos that I took along Route 66.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun to share the adventure with you!!!