Friday, September 8, 2017

Waters, Fires, Sickness, Loss...Never Alone



Once again we are arriving to a weekend where a storm is approaching our country.  Our family, our friends, and strangers are awaiting a storm they know is coming.  I don't have any words of wisdom only words that brought me comfort when I lost my home to fire.  Words that provided hope and God did during this time that I experienced loss. 

Isaiah 43: 2-3
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I
am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

I don't know about a flood, but I do a fire.  God showed up big time in my life when fire came to my home on that Tuesday morning years back.  He held my hand, when I looked through lost stuff and He brought the memory back to my mind fresh and new.  He held me up, when I longed for home.  He provided the rainbow, when I needed reminding He was with me.  He provided a friend, when I needed a hug.  He provided all.

I will never quit sharing how He gave me just what I needed at the exact moment, before I even knew I needed it.  He showed up and He loved me and provided only what He is able to give. 

My heartaches for the people that know the storm is coming, but it also aches for those that don't realize a storm is coming. Many don't get advance notice before a loved one passes, the phone call with an unexpected diagnosis, the loss of a job, whatever storm shows up, but God is with all of us in the expected and in the unexpected.  It is my prayer that each of us know where to look to provide the peace that only He is able to offer.

He doesn't take away the pain, but He helps to comfort.  He provides the hope for the future and He never ever leaves us! 

So, it is my prayer that when you face the storm these words will provide the comfort that you so desire.

Hebrews 13: 5-6
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can human beings do to me?"

Claim His promise.  He will never ever leave you!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie


No comments: