Friday, September 29, 2017

Keep trying!


Remember, the old saying "If at first you don't succeed try, try, try again?  I do.

Early in the summer I found out the zoo in Albuquerque had two polar bears.  I have always loved polar bears and it became my mission to see these polar bears.  I drug my mom and my aunt to the zoo in 90 degree weather to see polar bears.  Yes, I did and well they were in a refrigerator ( so to speak) they didn't come out in hot weather!  Seriously, polar bears in that heat?  What was I thinking?  I wasn't...all I could see was polar bear pictures.  I love polar bears.

I don't know why they have always fascinated me.  The size of their paws.  The far away place they take up residence.  The uniqueness of them.  All of it intrigued me.

Well, I wasn't giving up and it became a goal.  Well, last week it became a reality.  Linda and Valine even googled other zoo that housed polar bears.  They were ready with necessary information of where we could make a trip to, if we were not successful.  They really wanted to help me see these beautiful animals.  These women were filled with information if disappointment came my way to provide hope!

We saw them.  Yes, we did!  


Seriously, beautiful critters.  The bear posed for photos!  I am not kidding. The bear came right in front of me and laid across that rock.  Giving me a perfectly beautiful view of the paws on this creature.  Absolutely stunning.  Words really fall short and I was just like all the other little kids around that wall....excited that I was living part of my dream.  The dream to see a polar bear.

Well, I was just fascinated and filled with God's wonder.  Yes, God showed up.  He showed up in His creativity with creating each and every one of the amazing animals that we were gifted with sharing a moment with at the zoo.


Absolutely I will show you my beauty!



Even a baby giraffe came out.  Born in June and we got the opportunity to take photos.


Yes, blonde headed lady I will show you my teeth.  I think it is best you move along!


Come on lady.  Not another photo!

So many unique, special animals that we got to take photos of, but most of all celebrate the joy of creation.  God shows up big time all day, everyday, but do we notice?  Share your moments that God shows up in your journey.  God showing up provides hope and wonder that are more than any words that you or I are able to offer.  God showing up in special ways touches our souls!  So share your moments with others.

God showed up in the zoo and through my friends that were willing to figure out where our next road trip was to provide me the chance to see a polar bear and the animals themselves!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie


No comments: