Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Hope found in the old stuff!


Yesterday, I read the devotion from Ann Spangler's new book and I left for my adventure.  I drove the roads over to Jefferson looking for critters and neat sights.  Arriving, I wanted to find my perfect parking spot, so that walking around Jefferson would be central to bringing any must have finds back to my car.  I found one right in the middle of everything!


I began the stroll through this quaint little town.  Snapping pictures here and there, stopping to visit with fellow explorers and of course, shopping for must have items.  

I didn't find many must have's.  I wondered the aisles looking at things that someone once treasured.  I wondered about the people that came before me and how their things ended up in a little store in Jefferson to hopefully become someone else's treasure.  Times change.  Things change.  Lamps don't look the same as they use to!  Neither do shoes, hats, doors...the list goes on and on, but these were treasured by someone at some point.  I thought a lot about how they ended up on the store shelf.  Life and stuff changes constantly.

I was reminded throughout the day about Jesus is with us always!  He is still the same as when these folks were enjoying the light provided by the lamps and Him and He is right now!  I had a perk in my step thinking and pondering on He is never changing just like the words found in Malachi 3:6 ~ "I am the LORD, and I do not change."

Jesus is with us and God never changes!  Now that is where you find encouragement and hope!  Trust it and believe it!

Blessings,





No comments: