Saturday, September 30, 2017

He took him outside




I love when God shows up!  Picking up the new Beth Moore study entitled The Quest a few weeks ago and slowly working through it.  I am taking my time, because I want to get the fullness of it all.  After all, a quest takes a little time and relationships take even more.  I want to fill up with Jesus and grow and grow and grow.

Anyway, this morning Beth took me to Genesis 15 to study.  Wow, God showed up with something I had not ever caught before when Abraham is talking with God inside a tent and in verse 4 God said these words ~ He took him outside and said, "Look up at the heavens and count the stars...What caught my attention is that God took him outside.  Did God take him by the hand?  Did he lead him out?  I don't know how it took place, but they went outside at God's instruction.  Imagine, they were inside a tent so Abraham's view was not what it would be outside.  God widen Abraham's vision just like He widened my eyes and soothed my soul by providing hope in Him!

Colorado is this to me.  God lead me to Colorado kicking and screaming.  Seriously, I fought Kenny over purchasing this wonderful gift.  We didn't need it and it was a bone of contention with me.  I didn't even go with him to buy it.  I was so against it.  Well, you know how God works through the strangest things.  He opened up my vision and my faith through His Mighty Creation.  I feel just like Abraham must have felt when he was taken outside the walls of the tent.  I was taken outside my safe comforts of the world I knew and lead to this beautiful creation that God shows up and truly shows me every time HOW MIGHTY AND BIG HE IS...this place is a gift because of God.  He widens my believing ability through His Works in creation and people.  

I never cease to be amazed at God when He leads me outside of whatever comfort zone I might be inside of...God lead Abraham outside and we are told Abram believed the Lord.  Do we believe the Lord?  I believe more every time I allow God to take my hand and take me outside of whatever tent I have around myself.

I dream the little photo above and it is my attempt to show the many colors and stars that God paints in the sky.  It is also my stepping outside of my tent and allowing God to grow me.  He is taking down walls that I put up or I build everyday and I just want to shout I believe!  I believe! 
It is my prayer that you believe and go outside with Him too!


Sweet blessings,

P.S.  I love this new study by Beth Moore and Lifeway.  I bought it on my own and was not given anything to recommend it.  Just sharing my thoughts.

No comments: