Saturday, January 19, 2019

Praise the Lord



Yesterday, I woke up to a foggy Louisiana morning.  I wanted to take a few photos and thought today might be a good day to find the pelicans at Cross Lake.  So, before work I headed to Cross Lake.

Imagine, my surprise when I not only found them, but in the most beautiful Louisiana setting.  God gives us the most precious moments.  We just have to pay attention at all times.  Even in the most difficult situations God is there.

Our reading takes us to Job this morning.  Job is a beautiful, but tough reading.  Tough because Job goes through some really terrible things.  Life happened to Job and it happened all at once almost and in the most horrible ways, but Job still praises God.

Today, Job 1:21 - 22 just spoke to my heart and hopefully it will yours too.

He said, "I came naked from my mother's womb, and I will be naked when I leave.  The LORD gave me what I have, and the LORD has taken it away.  Praise the name of the LORD!" 
In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.

Is these not the most beautiful verses?  Job lost everything and he was still praising the LORD.

Also, another verse that got my attention and not because I liked it...but it does serve to remind each of us that Satan is around.

Job 1:7
Satan answered the LORD, "I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that's going on."

Satan must be having a big time right now. Watching everything happening on this earth and pushing and prodding each of us in his direction.  Just tell Satan to go away that you are a daughter to the King! or Son to the King!

Yet, we know that God is with us every moment!  We know God is in charge!  We know He goes before us, is with us, and He is following us.  We are His, so Satan can just keep right on in his little evil ways, because we know God wins!

Today, look for special moments to share with God!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie


No comments: