Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Is it your wisdom?



I know the past several days have been tough reading in Job.  I mean do his friends and Job seem like  ~ well us?  At times?  I know we don't like to admit it, but woe to me.  And then I think I know it all...don't I?  Tough reading when we might see ourselves in not so admirable ways.  Sometimes we think we are helping a friend with encouraging words and yet we are dragging them down deeper?  And Job?  but ...nobody is really grasping who God is and neither do we.

Oh, we think we know, but these next two days really share with us who God is, was, and will be and He does it himself!  Yes, He reminds Job, his friends and us who He is and I absolutely love these two days of reading in the Chronological Bible.  Anytime, you  are fighting a battle and you forget how to face it.  Open up your Bible to these two days of reading in Job and be reminded who is really fighting the battle for you and me!  January 30 and 31 is a fabulous reading to keep in your heart always knowing who God is helps each of us face the day ahead.

Some of my favorites from today are these wonderful reminders ~

Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell me, if you know so much.
Who determined the dimensions, and stretched out the surveying line?

Who kept the sea inside it boundaries as it burst from the womb, and as I clothed it with clouds and wrapped it in thick darkness?

Have you ever commanded the morning to appear and caused the dawn to rise in the east?

Can you direct the movement of stars-

Can you shout to the clouds and make it rain?
Can you make lightning appear and cause it to strike as you direct?

Have you given the horse its strength or clothed its neck with a flowing mane?
Did you give it the ability to leap like a locust?
Its majestic snorting is terrifying!

Is it your wisdom that makes the hawk soar and spread its wings toward the south? Is it at your command that the eagle rises to the heights to make its nest? 

Do you still want to argue with the Almighty?  You are still God's critic, but do you have the answers?

Wow, I love this wonderful reminder of who God truly is...He is everything!  He is...

Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: