Friday, January 4, 2019

Whatever is necessary



Today's reading reminded me that God will do whatever is necessary to get our attention.  First attention grabber, well he confused the people to get them to do what He desired.  He wanted to scatter the people, so He confused them with language.  The people didn't want to scatter, but He wanted them scattered.  So confusion happened.  No longer could they understand each other.

Ever happen to you?  

Another attention grabber to me is the words to Abram, Leave, Go, I will show you.  I will make you a great nation and I will bless you and you will be blessing to others.  A blessing to others really tugged my heart.  If we are following God's instructions, we are a blessing to others.  What will others say about you and me?  Are we a blessing or perhaps these words are said, oh no here she comes again? 

Going is never easy, when change is involved.  I mean check out the photo above in the Grand Canyon.  Which path would you want to take by land or river?  Or do you want to stay above on the same level ground you are use to, but not called to?  God doesn't call us to easy, most of the time.  No usually it is into the unknown just like Abram.  Leave the familiar.  Leave the comfortable and go.

Yet Abram went, but he didn't follow one instruction totally.  Did you notice God told him to leave your father's family and go.  Lot his nephew went with him.  Did some of the things that happened to Abram perhaps happen because of Lot being there?  Who knows and after all, Abram was human just like me and you, so we make mistakes.  Yet we try to follow God's instructions, but sometimes we fall just short.  God never falls short!  He still loves us!

So I leave you today with this thought is confusion happening in your life?  Is God perhaps trying to get your attention and put you on a new path that might not be so comfortable?  Is he trying to get you to go down in the canyon to ride a few rapids and experience His blessings?  Just a few thoughts He placed on my heart this morning from our reading together.

Don't you love knowing that we are on a journey together through God's amazing Word?  We are studying the same chapters, but He gives each of us perhaps a different lesson with each reading.  I love how God ministers to us through the exact same reading, but yet ministers to each of His children in His Own Unique Way with exactly what we each need.  Only His love and amazing touch heals our hearts with just the right amount of healing balm.

I love you, but God loves you more always,
Deb

No comments: