Sunday, December 6, 2009

Full of Hope


Ephesians 1:18

I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called…

Last year I received a challenge when attending the Proverbs 31 ministries conference to read the bible along with them this year. It is the most amazing experience I have ever undertaken. I will have read the bible through on December 31 this year and I intend to begin again on January 1st!

When I read this scripture this morning it spoke to my heart about what this had been like to me. It opened my eyes to some understanding of things of God and I only want more and more. I want more of God, I want more of Jesus, I want more of the Word, I want to have more knowledge myself…not just from someone else that read it for themselves but for me…

I have found hope in the Word. I have found Jesus in the Word. I have found myself in the Word.

So, I challenge each of you to take this challenge for yourself. Truly hope is found in the Word of God. It is our choice to pick it up or to leave it on the table. It is our choice to take a study and read only portions and being spoon fed by the teacher…What will your choice be?

Full of Hope,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I would just say "ditto" to all you said this morning. I think that we can't help but share all that we have seen and heard on this year long journey of the One Year Chronological Bible(NLT).

I am praying that others will choose this for themselves and join in with us as we share on this blog. Ask for this Bible as a Christmas gift or give yourself this gift. It will be one of the greatest things you do for yourself in 2010.