Thursday, December 24, 2009

Know


2 Peter 1: 2

to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.


 

The last few years God placed on my heart that I wanted to truly know Him better. I wanted to learn for myself things about Him and not be spoon fed any longer from others. I wanted the knowledge of knowing God for myself.

I attended a lot of conferences and learned quite a lot about what others thought. I took bible studies and learned what the writers thought. In the past year, I've learned a lot for myself by study of His mighty word! It has been the most marvelous intimate journey between My Father and me. I've learned a lot, but there is still so much to learn that once again I am going to take this journey through the Word.

I know that God will teach me so much more and it is a journey that my heart longs to take once again. It is one shared by others, but the focus is truly on the journey between God and me. The journey is one that The Spirit shows me something most every day that teaches me, grows me, disciplines me, loves me, wants me to share with others, wants me to experience and know. I have an intimacy that is hard to explain until one takes the journey for oneself.

I feel God's mighty hand at work in my life. I see His mighty Hand in my life. One will ask how do you know. I haven't talked to anybody about the prayers in my heart, but God. He is the one that Knows and He is the one that answers. Don't you want this for yourself?

In today's reading from 1 John 4:4 ~ we are reminded that because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. It is so true and the only way to know this is to let God teach you.

Don't be spoon fed in the upcoming year. Read and experience The Word with the One who wrote the Word! Share in His marvelous glory and excellence like you have never experienced it before and be blessed beyond measure!

Knowing and wanting more,

Debbie

No comments: