Friday, December 11, 2009

Working


Philippians 2: 13

For God is working in you, giving you desire and the power to do what pleases him.

Wow, when I read this I shouted "isn't it the truth"! The past two weeks have been some of the most difficult I've experienced since I've been in ministry. I had the house fire, but nothing seems quite like someone you love being so sick. The news that Drs. Share one day is good, the next not so good and you are on this roller coaster ride – all the while you have things already lined up. Events that you are to go and share about what God is doing in your own journey with others.

I've discovered once again over the past few weeks that, if I will just show up God is going to do the work. My prayer each time has been Lord I am so tired, but I know you will give me the words that you want shared about what it is you are doing in my life. Lord, I know I'm tired, but I'm willing and you give me the strength to put one foot in front of the other. I had the desire and I had the power and once again God did the work.

I am up early once again preparing for a day in the hospital. I've been amazed through this hospital visit of the nurses that want to talk to me about God. They open a door and I walk through…sharing what God placed on my heart to share and you know what they did too! It's been amazing how God is constantly working and lifting us up!

Thank you God for loving me!

Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Debbie,it is a good thing that God is working in me. Not sure what I would be like without Him. And then He gives us the desire and the power to do what pleases Him. He gives it! It is all from Him, nothing to do with me.

Praying for you as you persevere through this difficult time. Thank you for continuing to share your thoughts and insights each morning.

~The Chick~ said...

Possibly, the whole reason Kenny is in the hospital, is for you to change someone(s)life for our Lord and Saviour. I pray that lives are changed there.
I hear Kenny got a good report today. Thank you, Lord! He does hear our prayers...