Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Jesus


Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is alive and powerful.

I love the picture today! I've actually used it once before the only time this year that I've reused a picture. Why, because it speaks to this scripture so well.

When I studied this scripture it was given that many things might have been meant by it, but the one I liked was and is that Jesus Christ is the Word. The word of God was a known name of the Messiah among the Jews. Christ was the son of God, he was the word that was promised, he is our advocate with God, and definitely alive and powerful.

Remember the old song; what the world needs now is love sweet love...is that the way it goes? Something along that line…well I believe what the world needs now is Jesus and more Jesus. It saddens me greatly when you step into a church now and you don't hear talk of Jesus. What you hear is about what a church may be doing, but not Jesus...this is not true of all churches, but some. Listen closely is the focus on the one that gave so much for us or is it on what we are doing for him?

Read what I found below and see if you don't agree that we should indeed get our focus back on what truly matters?

JESUS, name of

There are two hundred and fifty-six names given in the Bible for the Lord Jesus Christ, and I suppose this was because He was infinitely beyond all that any one name could express.

Billy Sunday, in a sermon, "Wonderful," quoted in The Real Billy Sunday.


 

Indeed, Jesus is alive and very powerful!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I can't help but think of John 1: 1-2. It says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning." The Word Became Flesh!

Have we become so politically correct in our churches that we offer people the opportunity to join a church instead of offering and saying the name of Jesus to a lost world? It makes me sad. Church is not going to save anybody, only Jesus.

Praying that I keep the focus on The One who gave so much!