Saturday, December 5, 2009

Take Courage!


Acts 27: 25

So take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as he said.

I imagine Paul on this ship with the captain, the owner and the men that worked on the ship and the fact that they would not listen to Paul. He warned them, but they didn't take his advice.

Do you think when the storm hit their ears perked up?

Do you think they were angered a bit when Paul started talking with the words…Men you should have listened to me….I have images of fear showing in my head and tempers might have been close to the edge and Paul went on to tell them that an angel of God granted safety to everyone sailing with him.

Paul had been right so far. So, do you think this comforted their fears?

It does mine. When I go through the storms in my life I take courage and believe that God is with me! God doesn't tell me that storms aren't coming, in fact He tells us they are and to be ready…Are you ready?

Battling with Kenny's illness this week I have been steadily reminded that God is with me and that we are not alone! So I take courage and I believe…

Believing,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Oh Debbie, once again we see Paul's great faith in God. God has given us these great heroes of faith in the Bible for a purpose. He had no doubt in what God had said to him.

I was struck by the realization that Luke, who wrote Acts had evidently been waiting the two years with Paul while Paul was imprisoned and Luke was now on the ship that was taking Paul to Rome to stand trial. Luke had not abandoned Paul. What courage!