Sunday, December 27, 2009

Intentional


Revelation 3: 1-3

…I know all the things you do, and that you have a reputation for being alive-but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left of you is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of God. Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don't wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief.


 

The tug on felt on my heart as I read this and to the side I wrote modern day Christians, do you agree? Are we alive, but not really? Are you tired?

Remember how excited you were when you first came to Christ? Everybody refers to it as the mountaintop experience and then back to reality. Well, we need to return to the mountain.

I believe all we need to do is truly remember what Christ did for us and we are able to return. I also, believe that if we are intentional in our walks…it is easier. Did you get the word intentional? We must make the efforts, we must sign up for studies, we must study the word, we must look for God everyday…we must be intentional. Why? I believe because we are human..we will mess up, so the only way to stay is to continually repent and return and this becomes a new way of living without even realizing it. Intentional is good!

So with a new year right ahead and making those resolutions everybody makes and then breaks. Make a new one. Go back to what you first believed…Go back to the mountaintop and hold to it. Repent and turn to the one that saves.

Being intentional,

Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Debbie, when I read that passage I thought to myself, do I think that I am spriritually alive, but I am really dead? I don't want to have lived this life of mine going through the motions.

I think that I could be just going through the motions if I am not intentional for Christ each day as you reminded us.

Something that I heard last night struck me: 2009 is about to be gone, never more to be. What am I going to do in 2010 for the Lord? I think that I will miss my opportunities if I am not intentional each day.

Unknown said...

Frankie- You definitely are not dead. You touched me the day you sent me the email saying Great Job after I delivered my testimony. Each time you extend yourself in such a sincere fashion you are extending the love and grace which only comes through Christ. So just as you said, one day at a time, one person at a time, one kind comment at a time and then I dare say through the blessings you have extended, you begin to feel the blessing returned. Carry on just as you are, you are truly a beautiful person and yes before you know it you will be walking on water not even realizing it because you are looking at the face of God as He smiles at you. Beth Ramos