Saturday, May 15, 2010

Content like a baby


Psalm 131

Lord, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty.

I don't concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp,

Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother's milk.

Yes, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother's milk. Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the LORD- now and always.

I love the imagery of a content baby. When you watch a baby that is taking a bottle and the happy expression when they are full absolutely nothing is better to witness. You realize that a baby is totally content and happy just like we should be…

We should wait with hope in the Lord, because we trust in the LORD. We are content with who we are in the LORD. Because of the LORD we are content and filled with hope.

Next time you see a happy full baby, smile and know that we are allowed the same feelings of this baby through the LORD. Smile and give praise for the Hope that is ours because of the LORD. Accept that we don't have to understand everything. Accept that we have the gift of hope provided by the LORD.

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, thaat is a precious picture! Verse 3, make me want to say, O Frankie, put your hope in the Lord now and always.