Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mercy


2 Samuel 24: 14

"I'm in a desperate situation!" David replied to Gad. "But let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great. Do not let me fall into human hands."

David had the choice of famine, battle or plague. Wow, what a choice! Pondering and thinking about this famine David knew he would still be okay, he was wealthy and he had the means to take care of himself and his family. Battle again he knew he would be okay. He had men to fight the battles and die for him, he didn't have to enter the battle the only choice that would be fair was the plague. David knew that he would suffer along with his people. He would be equal to his people. After all, it was his choice to count the people. It was his ego that wanted to count the troops and see how he stood.

Once again, I love David. David trusted in God's divine goodness and decided to trust God. He even begged let your anger fall against me and my family these people are innocent. It makes me think about our leaders today. How often do we hear our leaders want to take the fall? When I turn on the news all too often it is pointing a finger at the other guy and never being man enough or woman enough to take the blame. I would respect our leaders so much more, if they would say I goofed up… I made a mistake…just like David did!

What a choice David had to make, but oh what a choice he did make – one that spoke to David's heart and the reason God spoke of David as the man after his own heart…

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, as I looked at the picture that you used today, it said to me that our all-powerful God is just as merciful. I can hardly fathom either, but it is true. The Word tells us this is so!

David would come around to admitting his mistakes, wouldn't he? That is a hard thing for us to
do. There is so much to learn from David.