Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Intimately


1 Chronicles 28:9

…learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Intimately. When I think of the word intimately, I think close, like no other, special, unique, love, understanding, acceptance are these words that would describe how you know God?

Truthfully, until I began to spend time in God's word I didn't know God. I thought I did, but what I knew was what other people thought and from studies that I would grab a little bit here and there, but until I read the Word for myself daily I didn't know God. I am amazed daily at the different things I find with God now…I find humor, I find amazing, I find surprises, I find love, and I find all the words above, but so much more.

Wise words that David gave his son learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. A man that knew God so well and a man that God loved so much just like He loves us…we are all given the choice to know Him intimately for ourselves. Which choice are you going to make let others tell you about God or let Him teach you all about Himself?

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

No comments: