Thursday, May 27, 2010

Need refreshment?


Proverbs 3: 21 – 22

My child, don't lose sight of common sense and discernment. Hang on to them, for they refresh your soul. They are like jewels on a necklace.

When you were growing up, did you often here it's okay honey you have common sense? Well, I really wasn't sure, if that was good or not. The older I get I realize that indeed it is good to have common sense sometimes rather than all the brains in the world. Don't get me wrong we indeed need the folks that are brilliant after all they find cures, invent things, solve difficult engineering needs and the list goes on and on, but I believe this proverb proves we need those of us with common sense too.

Remember really hot summers growing up? What did you want to refresh your body? Did you reach for a cold lemonade? A nap in the hammock? A dip in the pool? Playing in the sprinkler? The ice cream truck with all of those goodies? I tried all of these and more! The proverb tells us that common sense and discernment will refresh your soul. I agree. I think back over my journey and things that have happened in my journey and my soul indeed is refreshed when I am able to discern that God is working in my life or I use common sense to figure out the next step that God desires for my journey. It is just as quenching as the lemonade on a hot summer day and they are indeed just like the diamonds that I treasure that are family treasures. The times that I know God refreshed me and renewed my spirit are moments that I treasure more than all the jewelry in my jewelry box. The God moments in my life are way more valuable in figuring out the next step to take or the things that matter….

Proverbs is indeed full of wise advice for the fools of this world and indeed I've been called one of those too…Proverbs 3 closes with The wise inherit honor, but fools are put to shame! Let's all learn from the wise and let the fools be put to shame. So …

Pick up the Word, Talk to the LORD, and we will be able to use common sense and discern our steps on the path of life!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

No comments: