Sunday, May 15, 2011

Don't let me refuse!


Do you remember when you were a child and you knew you needed the discipline that you received from your parents? teacher?

Well, I loved this verse today from David found in Psalm 141:5 ~ Let the godly strike me! It will be kindness! If they correct me, it is soothing medicine. Don't let me refuse it. Sometimes, we need that awful tasting medicine, but we don't want it! Sometimes, we need that word of discipline, but we don't want that either!

Sometimes, we need to let happen what others see that we need. Sometimes, we are not objective taking a really good look at ourselves! I know that it doesn't matter how old I get to be; my parents think it is their duty to offer constructive criticism. Not always what I want to hear, but let it be a soothing medicine! After all, they love me. They see me from the outside and through eyes that love me dearly! Much like Our Heavenly Father! So, Lord please don't let me refuse! Give me ears to hear and grow from the words!

On a side note, many think that David wrote this Psalm when he was running from his own son, Absalom that wanted to kill him. Imagine, a father running from a son that is trying to kill him. Talk about taking a look at oneself; this would indeed cause you to take a really deep look at oneself!

Don't forget this week ~ take the words like a good medicine that will heal what is ailing you! After all, they just might do that! Heal you!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: