Monday, May 16, 2011

My Rock, My fortress



Psalm 144 ~ Praise the LORD, who is my rock....
He is my loving ally and my fortress...

We should all claim these words each day to face whatever may come our direction!

What is your rock? Who stands with you fighting your battles?

Isn't the picture the coolest image for this Psalm! A fortress built right into the rocks. I wonder if David was thinking of such an image as he wrote this Psalm about His LORD?

Some commentaries think David may have wrote or said these words right before fighting Goliath. Who or what is your Goliath today? don't these words comfort you facing the situation at work or hospital test reports or family problems ~
He is my shield, and I take refuge in him. He makes the nations submit to me.

I will sing a new song to you, O God!
I will sing your praises with a ten-stringed harp! Remember in good times and in bad we are still suppose to praise God. I know it is hard, but we should praise God because HE never leaves us alone to face things that we just don't think we can face!!!

Yes! Joyful are those who live like this! Joyful indeed are those whose God is the LORD!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

Prayer Special ~ continued prayers for the flooding and tornado victims!

2 comments:

Nikole Hahn said...

My Goliath is seeking new volunteers. :o) Great blog!

Frankie said...

Yes, we do indeed still face "Goliaths" today!

I really loved Psalm 89: 5-8. "All heaven will praise your great wonders, Lord; myriads of angels will praise you for your faithfulness. For who in all of heaven can compare with the Lord? The highest angelic powers stand in awe of God. He is far more awesome than all who surround his throne. O Lord God of Heaven's Armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as you, O Lord? You are entirely faithful."