Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Duties - Rules

Today's reading about the duties of the priests, Levites,Musicians, and others reminded me that we all have roles to perform. I've given it a lot of thought lately, because of working with the local shelter rules are a problem. It doesn't matter how old we are rules become an issue.

I try to encourage the women that we all have rules. We have rules to set parameters, boundaries and we all need these! I guess I am a person that understands and accepts this so it's never been a problem for me. So at times I'm like get over yourselves we all have rules.

All of us have duties that we perform daily. If you are a wife, mother, office manager, teacher, doctor, lawyer. etc. you have duties that require you to do certain things and that is okay!

Today, reading I was amazed with the listing of the different tribes and who they were and then the duties of some of them. One of the verses that struck me came from 1 Chronicles 25:7 ~ They and their families were all trained in making music, before the LORD! Imagine, they were trained to make music before the LORD! What are we trained to do before the LORD?

Sweet Blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

It seems as though King David was "instrumental" in music being part of the worship in the Temple.
I don't remember any mention until David.

Rules! I think that God gave us The Ten Commandments because left to ourselves we turn into quite a wicked lot.