Sunday, August 9, 2015

Discovery



Jeremiah 12, 13, 14, 15

Today the story of the linen cloth touched my heart.  The reminder that indeed we are like the loin cloth rotting away stubbornly following our own desires - good for nothing.  Yet, God loves us! He doesn't give up on us.

Reading Jeremiah sounds almost like everything happening around us right now.  It's so sad, but yet among all of this awful stuff these beautiful words are found in 15:19, 21
"If you return to me, I will restore you
so you can continue to serve me....

Yes, I will certainly keep you safe from these wicked men.
I will rescue you from their cruel hands."

Truly, God gives us hope!  Hope found right in the ugly...

I found hope when I truly discovered God's Words.  Words that provide love, hope, encouragement, along with discipline at the times I need those as well...These beautiful words also speak to the truth of what God's Words are able to provide that absolutely nothing else is able to do...
Jeremiah 15:16
When I discovered your words, I devoured them.
They are my joy and my heart's delight,
for I bear your name,
O Lord God of Heaven's Armies.

It's true indeed you discover God when you are in His Words!  He shows up!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie




No comments: