Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Some good...some very bad



Jeremiah 23:33 - 24, 29, 30, 31:1- 14

Wow, Jeremiah had a rough time!  Lots and lots of bad things happening around him and continually he was giving the LORD'S messages to the people.  

In Jeremiah 24, the vision that the Lord gave Jeremiah of the good figs and the rotten figs was filled with hope for the people that were sent to exile.  The Lord was going to take care of them.  He was going to provide for them and they would return wholeheartedly to the LORD.  Imagine, the hope Jeremiah found in these words and then the Lord went on to the bad figs.  Too rotten to eat figs they were so bad that well lots of bad stuff was coming.  Jeremiah was blessed with the good and the bad.  He was able to deliver good and bad news.  

Bad news is never easy to deliver.  I always think of doctors and how they find the strength to walk into a room and deliver bad news, yet if the news is good it's a joy.  A fine line between good and bad.  

Indeed, a fine line.  Jesus tells us the gate is narrow.  I think of that often especially when I hear leaders tell us there are more ways to heaven.  I shutter when Jesus tells us the way is narrow and yet others tell us different. Jesus doesn't tell us that it's easy. He doesn't tell us that all of us make it.  No, He tells us these words in Matthew 7 ~ But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.  I read these words and the thoughts cross my mind how does Jesus define few?  How narrow is it?  It's okay to talk to God and listen for answers.  We might get them and silence might be the answer for now.   

Hope is found in truth!  Good fruit is found in truth.

The world is suffering.  Terrible, terrible things are happening everywhere.  It doesn't seem that anyone is exempt.  Yet, when I open God's Word I find hope.  Hope because of God's love and only because of God.  God indeed loves us so very dearly that He provided the way ~ the way is Jesus!  

In Jeremiah 29 the words that most every believer knows give great comfort...
For I know the plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.  I will be found by you, says the LORD.  I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes.  

Trust and believe in God's Words!  

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: