Sunday, August 30, 2015

I will find my sheep



Ezekiel 34: 11-24

I was reminded in the reading today how God looks for us!  He doesn't leave us in our mess, He searches, He rescues us from wherever we are...where are you today?  Are you in a situation that you just don't think you are going to get out of?  Well, look up and take His Hand by responding ~  Yes, Lord I need you!

The verses about sheep and shepherds really starting jumping off the page at me after traveling the back roads in western Colorado on a 4-wheeler topping a mountain and discovering sheep everywhere.  I am a visual person and when these thousands of sheep dotted the mountainside ~ I understood!  I understood what Jesus means when He tells us He is the Good Shepherd!  It is amazing to see the sheep dot the mountainside and you travel along and suddenly one will be away from the herd and before long the mountain dog or shepherd will search for the lost one.  It was beautiful because it brought God's Word to life for me!  It showed me the true meaning of these verses and exactly what God does for each of us...

Read these words from Ezekiel 34:
"For this is what the Sovereign Lords says, I myself will search and find my sheep.  I will be like a shepherd looking for his scattered flock.  I will find my sheep and rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.  I will bring them back home to their own land of Israel from among the peoples and nations.  I will feed them on the mountains of Israel and by the rivers and in all the places where people live.  Yes, I will give them good pastureland on the high hills of Israel.  There they will lie down in pleasant places and feed in the lush pastures of the hills. I myself will tend my sheep and give them a place to lie down in peace, says the Sovereign Lord.  

Do you see?  God will search.  He will rescue.  He will look.  He will find.  He will bring us home.  He will feed us.  He will give.  He will tend and give us peace!  

Thank you Lord for all You Are!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: