Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sing for joy



Psalm 5:11
But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy...

Do you ever watch the children run to see Santa and the whispers as they share with Santa their wishes for Christmas?  Now I know some are running quickly away from Santa, but the ones that go share their heartfelt desires with the man in the red suit?  The little ones wall away with a little pep in their step believing that their wish will come true.

Well, this verse to me tells us a little about our relationship with God.  Let's take a look at it together.  The word refuge here in Hebrew is hsw and it means to seek refuge, to put trust in God, confide or hope in God.  We are to confide in God and we too will walk away with a pep in our step.  Now we aren't to be crazy about this and believe all our prayers are answered the way we desire, because well that will not happen.  But we give our hearts to God and we are filled with hope because of who He is...We trust in Him...We know He protects us and knows the best for each of us.  Now it may look different than we picture it, but He knows best.

So next time you see a child whispering in Santa's ear remember that we need to crawl on Our Father's lap and confide in Him the one that provided the way for each of us!  We will indeed sing for joy knowing His truth in our hearts forever.

I love the image of whispering in Jesus ear or resting in His Arms.  I drew this photo several years ago and I'm not an artist, but that's not what matters it is the meaning it held for me and hopefully for you.


Do you see the smile?  Do you see the protection I feel?  Do you see the love?
I do and I know it with every step that I take!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie


No comments: