Saturday, December 5, 2015

Today it's spinning for joy!



God is teaching me some really cool things about joy!  I am loving this current path I am on.

Making a choice daily to have an attitude of joy that is my current path.  I believe that is what God is showing me and I am experiencing some pretty enlightening moments.

Psalm 118:24

This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Every day when your eyes open, whether conscious or unconscious each of us decide our attitudes.  We choose whether we will hope, whether we will laugh, whether we will rejoice...the list goes on and on.  Difficult circumstances will come, but it is how we are in the circumstances that we get to decide how to respond. 

While I was studying this verse I looked up how many times the word "joy" or "rejoice" were in the bible and the answer is more than 300 times.  It (joy) must be pretty important to God because it is mentioned a lot.  The Hebrew word for "rejoice" is gawl, and it means to "to spin round; be glad, be joyful.  I want to ask you a question when was the last time you did a little spinning?  I know some of you probably take a spinning exercise class and it's not spinning in circles it is on a exercise bicycle of some sort.  When I typed in spinning those pictures came up the most...well I loved the little girl spinning in the flowers myself. The feeling of being in the moment so much you are lost to the rest of stuff happening.  You really let go and let God moments!

Spinning makes you dizzy.  Yes, it does dizzy with Jesus is a good thing!

Everyday is a gift from God.  Every moment is a gift.  We decide when we unwrap each moment whether we will enjoy each moment or not.  Will we rejoice with the moment or continue the rat race of chasing the next dream?  Dreams aren't bad, but we might be missing a very special spinning moment with the Lord right now!

Rejoice and Be glad in each moment!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: