Saturday, January 18, 2014

Are you a worrier?



Okay, what is your first thought when you read the words above? 

Really?

How?

Seriously?

Okay?

Done?

Any of the above or perhaps all of the above?

I want to share that I was the #1 worrier, before I realized just how wrong it is to be wearing that word like it was a crown or something...I had it all wrong.  I thought it was great to worry about someone or something that it was showing that I cared, but in reality it was showing that I didn't really believe the words God gave me and you.  I finally realized that concern and worry or two totally different things!  

I finally realized that showing concern and worry are different.  The words found in Matthew 6 truly came to life for me one day.  One day I had the world by the tail and the next most of my things were all gone.  Yes, in a few minutes my things were all gone by a fire and you know what I survived!  I survived because God was still with me! ALL the stuff was gone that I thought I treasured, but God was right there showing me the most amazing things that were still with me!

It was an amazing experience!  It wasn't something I had on my "to do" list or my "bucket list" as so many people have, but wow God showed up and it was awesome!  I had special notes from God in trees yes...pieces of God's Word that survived the fire would show up in the trees around my burned home and it would be just the word I needed for that day...My own private little message in a tree, instead of a bottle!  Truthfully, I saw God in so many special ways and the fire taught me so many things and worry was one of them.  Worry only hurts us.

Last year, I waited for several days not knowing a diagnosis from a test, but honestly I didn't sit wringing my hands in the fear that not so many years ago would have held me captive.  Yes, worry is like a chain holding you prisoner.  I know, because I've been set free from worry.  

I treasure the words in Matthew 6:26 and 27 the most...because they remind us how much God truly cares about all of His creation even the birds and me!

Look at the birds in the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

I know that until each of us walks through our "own fires" we don't truly grasp this verse, but once we do we realize just how much God cares.  Worry only takes away from life, it doesn't add anything...Concern is another issue...we all need to show concern for each other, but let God to be God.  He is in charge of every detail!  Trust Him and Believe Him!

Sweet blessings and no worries,
Debbie

No comments: