Thursday, January 30, 2014

Let the Light In...



I give thanks this morning for the sunshine coming in the window of my kitchen.  I give thanks for my beautiful kitchen and the joy of cooking and just being in my kitchen.

Many of you know that I lost my  home to fire and everyday I am thankful for "my home", "my safe place", and I so love it when God's Light shines in and from my home.  I am on a journey this year with a gratitude journal to celebrate the little things that make us realize and spend time with who and what truly matters.

We hurry through life and we don't enjoy life.  To find the joy in life we must enjoy each moment as much as possible and the world we reside in tries to steal the joy...or the devil does working in the world!  I read Ann Voskamps' book "One Thousand Gifts" and it really opened my eyes.  If you haven't read it, give yourself a gift and read this book.  It will make a huge difference!

I am about to share her study based on this book beginning in February and this morning while studying she shared Psalm 39:6 ~ Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro; He bustles about, but only in vain;...

her translation busy rushing ends in nothing...Sit on that a moment...Spurgeon stated about this verse that men fret, spew, and worry for nothing.  He goes on to say listen to the city streets, the breach of quiet, is made up of fleeting vanities.  We aren't in the moment to enjoy the moment.  We are so hurried that we rush through and miss the moments...and for what?  Psalm 39 goes on to say these words ~ he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.  We work hard, but we don't know our next steps.  We don't know when in a moments notice things change.  Yet we hurry and we don't have the joy.

So give thanks!  Enjoy your moments big or small.  Write them down.  Have a gratitude journal it does make a difference!  You do find joy in the moment and yes it even slows you down.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

P.S. for my friends that notice the Santa images still high up on my cabinets...so what...I'm enjoying my moment!  I'll get to them when I get to them and it is so much more enjoyable not worrying about those Santas...enjoy!

No comments: