Monday, January 13, 2014

Get well soon!



Not feeling well?  Do you want to feel better soon?

Today, I'm not talking physically, but spiritually.  I found a beautiful verse in Psalm that I want us to ponder today...
Psalm 107:20
He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.

Are you hurting?  Are you angry?  Are you down in the pit?  Well, this verse might help with what is ailing you...

God gives us His Word and definitely it heals what hurts!  The only problem is to be healed we have to pick up the Bible and read it.

I know that I have found even in God's disciplining with His Word it heals me.  It may hurt me in the moment or even for awhile, because I've disappointed God, but I know in His love He is showing me the way!  His way that will heal my hurt for the long haul.

I loved Strong's translation that says He delivered them from their destruction.  How often is it our own destruction that caused the pain?  With me...a lot!  Yet, God saves me.  He heals me.

I spend a lot of time sharing with women and others that the way to help deal with this tough, old world is in God's Word.  I pray for those that aren't in His Word, because I'm in it (the Bible) and it is still tough at times!   Satan resides in this world too and he never gives up on us, so we need to arm ourselves with knowing God and His Word...

Yet, I find such peace in the words above and I pray you do too...Be healed today pick up God's Word and allow Him to be your healing balm!

He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.

Blessings,
Debbie


1 comment:

Frankie said...

Thanks for the beautiful reminder of Where and to Whom to we should look for healing each day!