Monday, January 20, 2014

Hope reminders from the football field?



Yes, hope might be found on the football field!

First, I have to tell  you that I watch tons of football.  Teams I like, teams I don't like and I even took a class in college about football.  Also, let me further add that it wasn't about taking a class with a bunch of guys either...I wanted to know about football plays!  Okay, I'm a little bit of a sports geek!  I admit it and it's out there now!  I drive all my nephews, hubby, and my daddy crazy talking sports with them, but I love it! (more than some of them do)

I've always been a Peyton Manning fan, so that's out there for you too.  The guy deserves credit for his hard work, whether you pull for him or not.  But, you know what else he gives a lot of people?  HOPE!

Watching the Broncos all season has been a lot of fun, but also such a wonderful reminder that hard work  pays off.  Peyton underwent 3 surgeries (not easy ones) and unless you were not reading a newspaper or watching a television you know this, but it needs to be mentioned.  He had doubts that he could come back, but yet he did.  Did he do it alone?  No, in fact he tells you that without his wife, Ashley, his family, and his team he might not have made it.   He went through 3 painful surgeries and then his team (yes, the team that he built the stadium) let him go...yes he lost his job too! A very public loss of something he held so very dear.  A team and a city that he helped to build.  Yet, he never gave up!

He shows each of us the way to believe to have hope...to keep on trucking even when it hurts!

Yes, I found hope watching Peyton.  Hope about endurance and running the race.  He may not win another Super Bowl, but he is winning this race!  The race called life, because he believes and he is willing to do his part to get there!  Peyton is a Christian and has been quoted stating that your relationship with Christ should be your number one priority.   

Hope received from watching a young man that endured tough painful times, whether they were health wise or emotionally.  He had to walk through difficult situations and yet watching him a lady in Louisiana can't help, but see hope surrounding him.  I am also reminded of a scripture found in Hebrews 12 ~ ...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus...

Yes, indeed I saw hope on the football field and I hope you have found it too!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie 


No comments: