Saturday, April 18, 2015

Collected tears



1 Samuel 26, 27, 28, 29 ~ 1 Chronicles 12:19 ~ Psalm 56

Are you struggling?  Do you wonder does anybody see my pain?  Well, today's reading finds David struggling.  Once again we find Saul tracking David down.  We see David asking him, "Why are you chasing me?  What have I done?  What is his crime?  Don't you know this hurts David?  He was close to the king now he wants to kill him.  Relationships hurt at times, don't they?  

Saul is torn apart from jealously and the evils within himself.  He consults a medium.  He is in pain, but turning to a medium rather than God.  Then we have David getting reject by the Philistines.  Once again, David is sent packing.

After all the rejection we read Psalm 56 which some think is about this time in David's life.  Some commentators say that this is about David wandering around like a fugitive and knowing in his heart that God knows his pains and that God is taking note of it in the book of purpose.  He is keeping a record of David's pain and of ours....

Today, treasure this verse from Psalm 56 and know that God knows your pain, He knows your struggles...
You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.
My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
This I know:  God is on my side!
I praise God for what he has promised;
Yes, I praise the LORD for what he has promised.
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

Indeed, find comfort and claim these verses for your journey!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: