Sunday, April 26, 2015

We are all broken...



1 Chronicles 20:1, 2 Samuel 11 and 12: 1-25, Psalm 51

Reading today, the thought "yes indeed we are all broken"!  Even the man, King David.  Yes, the man that fought the giant and loved God so very dearly was broken.  

I was reminded of Holley Gerth's writing this week about the broken water jug and the perfect water jug and why the lady didn't worry about the broken water jug because of the water seeping through and the beautiful flowers getting much needed water.  Beauty comes from those broken places.

Imagine, King David stooping so very low that he took something that wasn't his and then to protect this secret he committed murder.  Yet, God still loved David in all of his broken places just like God loves us in our brokenness.  It is so true that God broke Jesus who was perfect, so that we would be forgiven for all our our broken places.

Psalm 51 speaks so beautifully to broken places

Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love.  Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins.
Wash me clean from my guilt.
Purify me from my sin.
For I recognize my rebellion, it haunts me day and night...

Yes, Lord have mercy on all of us.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: