Thursday, April 16, 2015

Who are you confident in?



1 Samuel 22 - 23: 1-12,  Psalm 57, 142, and 52

Today, I am reminded that in all situations we should look to the LORD!

Today's reading opens with David hiding in a cave, then hiding his parents in Moab to protect them from Saul, the killing of the priests, so many bad things.  Sound a little bit like today?  I mean we have people hiding away from terror groups, we have people being killed for no good reason, lots of bad stuff happening, so where are we looking?  

It is my prayer that yes we are demanding action on our leaders part, but most of all we are praying to God. We are lifting  all of this  up to God for His protection and for Him to be guiding the leaders in this world.  Let's look at the words of David found in Psalm 57 written while he was hiding in a cave...

My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident.
No wonder I can sing your praises!
Wake up, my heart!
Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
I will thank you, LORD, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth.

Yes, things are bad around us!  Yet, we need to learn from David.  It doesn't matter how bad things are we should wake praising God and give God the glory for all that He is...Sing HIS praises among all people everywhere!  He is indeed the answer to all that hurts in this world.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: