Saturday, April 11, 2015

Focus



1 Samuel 9 - 12

1 Samuel 9:20 ~ ...And I am here to tell you that you and your family are the focus of all Israel's hopes."  

The word "focus" caught my attention this morning.  I kept coming back to this word, so I looked up the original Hebrew meaning for this word and learned that in this context it means the inner man, understanding, will, heart.  Isn't that what matters in life?

Look around at television commercials is it the inner or outer man/woman that is always the focus?  Well, not the inner for sure.  We focus way too much on the outer appearances and we miss so much of the real meaning of life.  Don't get me wrong it's important to take care of ourselves, but we can take it way too far at times.  Our hope ~ don't you think if we focused more on understanding the shoes others walk in, we understood that times were hard for our fellow person, we truly cared with our hearts that some of our problems might be taken care of?  Also, I think that understanding that we don't all believe the same and understanding that is how the world goes around.  Don't take away our hearts by trying to make us believe or me trying to make you believe my way...Encourage one another to read God's Word and let Him show the way.

My beliefs are just as important to me and yours are to you and I appreciate and understand that...It doesn't mean that I don't care about you and I hope the same is true about you!  Let's begin today with pondering the word focus and allow it to provide hope in our world today by understanding and heart.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: