Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Praise the LORD at all times.



1 Samuel 20 - 21 and Psalm 34

When I am in the mountains, I feel God everywhere!  I turn and I see Him in the sunrise, the sunset, the surprise of an animal, the setting, the people...everything!  So when I read this morning Psalm 34 it really struck a chord with me ~  I will praise the LORD at all times.  I will constantly speak his praises.  I will boast only in the LORD; let all who are helpless take heart.  Come, let us tell the LORD's greatness; let us exalt his name together.

Indeed, we should praise HIM at all times.  Even in the ordinary, everyday moments driving to and from work, making dr. appt.'s, grocery shopping, getting our hair done, EVERY moment, but I fail in the everyday moments at times to remember to praise God.  I am improving, but I do fail.  When I am here in my special place it's easy, but it should be easy everyday and in every moment, but honestly it's not...

It takes me back to the last few days of reading and the fall of Saul, David killing the giant, and Michal, the daughter of Saul that loved David.  I think I pondered on her all day yesterday trying to grasp; why didn't she go right out the window after David knowing that God would take care of them?  Also, why did she grab for an idol to place in the bed?  Why did she have an idol in her home? 

 David told the giant these words ~ You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of Heaven's Armies-the God of the armies of Israel and I will kill you and cut off your head.  David knew who was going to kill the giant and it was God.  He declared it loudly for all to hear, so how could his wife have an idol in his home and then place it in his bed?  After all, an idol is something that you show devotion to other than the One True God.

I pondered it all day long and didn't really come to any great conclusions other than this morning when I got to this verse...I will praise the LORD at all times.  Had Michal forgotten to praise God at all times and this lead to her eventual sad journey?

Don't forget PRAISE GOD AT ALL TIMES!

Praising God,

Debbie

No comments: