Sunday, October 25, 2009

Amazed and Loved


Mark 12: 17

"give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God." His reply completely amazed them.


 

When was the last time you were amazed by God?

I love those special moments that you know God heard you and He is answering your question or replying to your thoughts. You know those moments.

Those spine tingling moments that you realize that God loves you. He notices you. He amazes you!

I imagine sitting on those steps watching as Jesus was teaching and these men trying once again to trip up Jesus. Take in the scene…They even call him Rabbi which means teacher…we know you are honest Jesus and you would never play favorites. You are always truthful. Now tell us – is it right to pay Caesar? Well, don't you know Jesus wanted to roll His eyes and say how dumb do you think I am?

If I answer this against Caesar you get to arrest me, duh…

So Jesus very smartly replies– hand me a roman coin..Whose picture is on it? Caesar's well then pay Caesar what belongs to Caesar and give God what is God's..His reply amazed them.

The original word for amazed translated to wonder…they could not get over Jesus and his wisdom!

Do we ever get it? Do we ever get just what Jesus did for us? Do we ever truly realize just how much Jesus loved and loves us? I would have to reply that He truly amazes me every day of my life!

Thank you for always amazing me,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I was intrigued by this story. The leaders were out to trap Jesus and instead they were amazed by his answer. Out to the side of that statement in my Bible, I wrote, "We have an amazing God!"

In all three gospel accounts of this story, I also noticed that Jesus knew it was a trap. Scripture says, "Jesus saw through their hypocrisy, Jesus knew their evil motives, and He saw through their trickery." He sees and He knows. We do not fool Him about anything.

Serving an All-Knowing and Amazing God!